To be centre of Excellence in Structural Engineering
Mission of the Department
To create globally competitive Structural Engineers with ethics and social binding
Programme Educational Objectives of the Department
1. Will provide solutions to wide range of structural engineering problems to fulfill needs of industry.
2. Will have successful career in industry, entrepreneurship, academia and research.
3. Will be executives in government, semi-government public and private sectors.
4. Will practice the profession with ethics, social binding and environmental awareness.
1. Will be able to discriminate, evaluate, and synthesize existing and new knowledge in structural engineering.
2. Will be able to analyze and solve complex structural engineering problems with critical engineering judgement.
3. Will be able to think originally and conceptually to solve structural engineering problems and evaluate alternative solutions considering safety, environmental and societal needs.
4. Will be able to explore new domains of knowledge in structural engineering through literature survey, formulate problem, and apply appropriate research methodology to advance the knowledge in structural engineering.
5. Will be able to model, analyze and design structural engineering problems using software.
6. Will be able to work in team for achieving common goal and share the learning experience with peers.
7. Will be able to demonstrate the project management skills considering economical and financial factors.
8. Will be able to prepare effective technical reports and document technical findings by adhering to appropriate standards, and make effective presentation, participate in technical discussion amongst peers.
9. Will be able to recognize the need for updating and life-long learning.
10. Will recognize the importance of ethical practices and social responsibility in professional career.
11. Will recognize the need of self-corrections through appropriate action for professional development.